16 things I miss about living in London

by - October 20, 2016

Hi my lovelies,

as you can see the title this post will be a little bit personal.
Moving to London was one of the best choices I made, leaving it was so hard, but for my own growth and health I needed to make that decision.

There are days when I really miss being there, so I thought I'll share a couple of things that I miss the most,  obviously not in the most serious ways.

1. Mentality - Be whoever you want to be, no one cares - everyone is freaking out, when they have to talk to somebody on the tube, you remember those tube chat buttons?
2. Complain culture - Really, what I learned first, that you need to have an opinion, and you need to make your voice heard. :D


3. Being careless about the red traffic lights - like one of the first people I saw crossing the streets by red traffic lights were police officers :DDD - no need to comment here.
4. Buses - I mean they look so great, but not the favourite public transport, not to mention how many different kind of people were on the buses.
5. Maps in the city - That's actually crap in the country, where I live right now. I loved that you saw maps almost at every stops/stations.
6. Oyster card - I can't believe, but I almost miss TFL, I mean I complained about it all the time, but c'mon I miss those cards, yes cards, I had like three. :DD
7. Trees and sunsets - Yeah, it's basically the same here, but not at all, I just miss them. Magnolias...

 
8. Houses - Everything looks the freaking same. Could you miss that? Possible not, but those houses are still on my mind.
9. Donuts - I ate so many there, ooooh and Halloween candy. :( Poor me, someone please send me a nice care pack.
10. Prices - Literally I'm freaking out here, I mean how could be everyhing cheaper on the island?
11. Primark - I don't need to write anything here. Send me clothes as well.
12. Events - Obviously everything was so amazing there, store events, fashion events, public events, blogger events. EVERYTHING WAS SO GOOD. Take me back.
13. Volunteering - Miss the Team London team. :(
14. Free - Museums and free entries for cultural places, miss you Van Gogh.

 
15. Books - for free, there is no complain about that.
16. Free cash withdrawals - Yes, that was great, anytime from any ATM.

London, I truly miss your beautiful soul, but also I'm glad to get out from your madness.
You're one of the craziest. ;)
Hope to see you again in the future.

Take care!
With love from Fashion Lights ♥

You May Also Like

4 Comments

  1. We all have our own ideas of how many people are actually jumping red lights. The reality is, we can’t trust our anecdotal evidence. After all, a most of us waiting patiently at a traffic light isn’t noteworthy to us, so it hardly registers. Whereas a someone jumping a red light will definitely attract our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still living in London but I would totally identify with some of the things you miss about this city if I ever leave. Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came back from a visit to London. I'm with you. I love the free museums, playing real life Frogger with the traffic, and I wish the USA would get with VAT already. I hate having to guesstimate what my total will be with USA taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I can just agree with you about the things you miss about living in London. It's an amazing city and there are so many positive things and events that are missing in your life after you leave London behind you. :) I hope to go back there some time soon. :)

    P&P style ♡ ☯ ☮ --- DIY --- fashion --- and more --- ☮ ☯ ♡

    ReplyDelete