How to deal with depression?

by - July 25, 2020

Dear beautiful souls,

It took me a couple of sleepless nights to write this, because I struggle a lot lately.
But also wanted to look into the details what we can do to deal with depression and put ourselves on the road to recovery - because maybe someone needs to read this, and maybe I'll be able to help myself this way.

instagram.com/abfashionlights

Cause sometimes you're not strong enough to ask for help, not strong enough to reach out to your friends. And all you wanna do is to be silent, then scream and cry under your blanket for days. I cry a lot lately and I feel that something changed, not emotionally, but physically. There is chronic pain all day, as well as migraine and dizziness. There is no hope, there are no words to help. Being at work, hearing my coworkers, and working with them is a daily struggle for me.
I want to be alone, but at the same time, I'm so afraid of being alone. The future seems dark and cold, without humanity or hope.
I hate myself more than ever, I'm not eating normally, I buy clothes to make myself happy for two seconds. And as soon as I'm home I go to bed and close the curtains. I'm struggling, but I'm not ready to ask for help, and my friends have grown tired of this behavior - and I can relate to them.

instagram.com/abfashionlights

 Sad and upsetting events are a part of normal life, so feeling down at times is perfectly okay and necessary to deal with emotions. But if you're feeling hopeless regularly, you could be dealing with depression. People experience depression in different ways. It may affect your daily work, resulting in lower productivity. It can also affect relationships and some chronic health conditions.

Depression drains your energy, hope, and motivation, making it difficult to take the first steps that will help you to feel better. But going for a 10-minute walk or learning a TikTok dance, for example, are things you can do in a second. And it can substantially boost your mood and energy for several hours.

  1. Reach out and stay connected: if possible, do it in person.
  2. Do what you enjoy: be kind to your body and soul, do a facemask, read a book, watch a new series.
  3. Walk, run, swim, go up and down on the stairs, try with a little amount of exercise, you can try a happy dance or a Disney music exercise. It only takes about 15 minutes.
  4. Don't skip meals, boost your vitamin levels - you can try healthy options like teas, vitamin capsules and also can follow a diet which helps fighting depression.
  5. Nature and sunlight are your friends, if you don't want company you can enjoy being outside alone too
  6. Educate yourself about depression to deal with it in a more helpful way
  7. Reward yourself - even for small success
  8. Get up at the same time every morning - avoid sleeping during the day, to help you get back on your normal sleeping schedule
  9. Clean the house, flat, room you're living in
  10. Hug someone - doesn't matter if it's a dog or a person
More tips and also the sources for this post:

But please reach out to someone, please don't be like me, get professional help or open up to a close friend or family member. Please don't do this alone.

With love from B ♥

You May Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Yes, nature is important for our well being and refreshes our mind and body.
    Glad I read this as a good reminder, I myself get depressed at times.

    Take care!
    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, hope you're doing well. Take care dear :)

      Delete
  2. Being out in nature can be so calming and uplifting indeed. Sometimes being creative or reading a book can also help to lift the mood. Take care of yourself. :) xo

    P&P style ♡ ☯ ☮ --- DIY --- fashion --- and more --- ☮ ☯ ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, yes reading a book can also take you to a new world. Hope everything is fine with you :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this so much! All those points are so true and something I try and do regularly to keep my mind at bay - thanks for sharing.
    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you found those points useful. Taker care dear!

      Delete